Quick update from Amsterdam (yeah, you read that correctly):
- Oktoberfest is fun – everything I expected. I found friendly Australians and Germans to drink with, etc.
- I drank far too much on Tuesday. I lost count, but my best guess is 7-8 litres of beer. I didn’t think that was even possible for me. On my way to a nightclub with some locals, I got sick, left the train, then eventually took a different train home. In the rain.
- On Wednesday, I woke up with the worst hangover of my life. In a slightly leaky tent, in the rain.
- Sigh. Rain.
- Eventually dragged self to downtown Munich in the rain, bought food and an umbrella, read book in a cafe.
- Thursday: still not 100%. Wandered around Munich, bought a train ticket, took a few photos, went to Oktoberfest for a few hours. Night train to Amsterdam, because it’s not raining here and beds on trains are dry.
So there you go :) More interesting entry to follow when I don’t have a city to explore and coffee shops to evaluate.