Posts tagged party
My birthday snuck up on me this year but I still want to do something. If you’re free on Friday, come out for dinner! If not, no worries, I’ll have a proper house party sometime this summer :)
PLEASE RSVP BY THURSDAY EVENING so I can reserve – here or on FB
Note: the restaurant is within walking distance to Saph’s, though unfortunately I can’t go this week.
Friday, May 29, 2009, 8:00pm – 11:00pm
Om Tibetan Restaurant, 4382 St Laurent
obskura is turning 11111 next Caturday, which is a good reason for a party :)
It’s at my house on Caturday, March 28th. Let me know if you need the address or directions.
17:00-20:00: family friendly time, since a lot of you have kids now. Show up hungry if you like – we’ll have plenty of food (and feel free to bring something to share.)
20:00-late: debauchery, Serious Drinking, etc.
BYOB or drink mine. It’s all good :)
Note – there is a cat that lives here. Bring/take allergy meds if you need ’em.
Feel free to bring friends and wellwishers!
Robin and I are having a party on her birthday: March 28. If you read this, you’re probably invited. Details and a proper invitation to follow :)
Quick update from Amsterdam (yeah, you read that correctly):
- Oktoberfest is fun – everything I expected. I found friendly Australians and Germans to drink with, etc.
- I drank far too much on Tuesday. I lost count, but my best guess is 7-8 litres of beer. I didn’t think that was even possible for me. On my way to a nightclub with some locals, I got sick, left the train, then eventually took a different train home. In the rain.
- On Wednesday, I woke up with the worst hangover of my life. In a slightly leaky tent, in the rain.
- Sigh. Rain.
- Eventually dragged self to downtown Munich in the rain, bought food and an umbrella, read book in a cafe.
- Thursday: still not 100%. Wandered around Munich, bought a train ticket, took a few photos, went to Oktoberfest for a few hours. Night train to Amsterdam, because it’s not raining here and beds on trains are dry.
So there you go :) More interesting entry to follow when I don’t have a city to explore and coffee shops to evaluate.
I haven’t had a party in a while, nobody’s had a potluck in a while, and my parents are in town. All good excuses to have a party!
When: Friday, April 13, 18:00 – ?
Where: 4104 Hotel-de-Ville, metro Mont-Royal
BYOB, bring food to share, and bring friends and wellwishers!
I’ve sent this out via Google Calendar. Let me know if you didn’t get the invitation – I probably just don’t have your email address, or it got caught as spam.
Ottawa people: you are (as usual) welcome to visit, but I’m going to be busy on the rest of the weekend and space will be tight.. don’t worry, there will be other parties.