Oh yeah, I have a blog :)
Vietnam so far has been great. People are really friendly, even when they’re not trying to sell you something! Even arriving in the country on a canal in the Mekong Delta, there were kids on the banks waving at us and yelling "Hello! Hello!"
The trip so far in brief:
- A couple of nights in the Mekong Delta – visited a fish farm and a floating market.
- Up to Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City), saw some sights in town, the Cu Chi tunnels, and a really strange church.
- Train north to Hoi An, a nice quiet place with some neat historical merchant shops and hundreds of custom tailors (Robin got 2 pairs of pants made.)
- North again to Huáº¿ (yes, there are two accents on that), took a motorcycle tour around some really neat sights, including the root temple of Thich Nhat Hanh’s order (kind of a personal thing…)
- North (where else?) to Hanoi and its wonderful twisty market streets.
- Over to CÃ¡t BÃ Island in Ha Long Bay… beautiful limestone cliffs rising out of the ocean. Of course, we climbed some of them :)
- West and UP to the beautiful Sa Pa valley – we arrived early this morning & we’re probably going to hike around for a couple of days before heading to China.
I’ll post more stories from the places above once I’ve had a chance to sort the photos. I’m quite behind… still haven’t finished Ayutthaya, which we visited almost a month ago :/
OK, time for a quiz:
Phá»Ÿ is available at:
- All of the above
Phá»Ÿ is pronounced:
- "Noodle Soup"
The answers are of course d and d :)